7 Back-To-School Shopping Tips:
• Shop end-of-summer sales
• Stick to The List: The school supply list at the start of a new school year can be overwhelming, don’t waste time and money on unlisted items.
• Host a back-to-school swap: Gather together parents with kids the same gender as yours but different ages, and host an annual clothes swap. Trade toys and books. You’ll save a bundle.
• Plan lunch: When you’re in charge of what your child eats, you’ll save yourself money. Check the weekly circulars at your local supermarkets for sales.
• Look for alternatives to big box stores: Online stores, Thrift stores, Etsy — any of these choices offers the chance to find something unique, creative, or even personalized.
• Stock up on Sock, Hats, gloves, and scarves: Stocking up now on inexpensive waterproof gloves and mittens (try the dollar store) before stores run out January or February. Avoid knits and wool, which don’t dry easily.
• Talk to other parent: Ask other parents for tips on where to find certain goods and which stores to avoid.